Friday, November 4, 2011

NaNoWriMo Observation

I'm back in bed again today but can handle looking at my computer screen for now - only a mild headache today, but my husband took one look at me this morning and told me to go back to bed.  I look ghostly - more pale than normal.  Like the vampire kids in Twilight.  Maybe I'll start twinkling soon.  That would be worth it, right?

I looked at the NaNoWriMo site while laying in bed feeling sorry for myself with yet another episode of House in the background.  The forums are definitely a distraction.  And some of the people reaching out to meet other people in my area appear to be terrifying.  Like I could write a story about it.  Maybe not 50,000 words because it would end rather quickly and as expected. 

One guy looking for someone to "write" with listed  his location as "Under Your Bed."  I'm definitely not meeting that guy.  Hopefully he's just writing horror and isn't actually doing research for his slasher story.

Clearly I watch too much NCIS.

My expectation was that the NaNo community would be like the blogging community, all supportive like a group hug.  Not so much so far.  It would be nice to meet more writers in the area.  But I guess the point is to just write.   

6 comments:

  1. I hope you feel better soon. I'm sure you'll meet some supporters in the NaNo community, but my guess is that it's so intense that everyone is just racing to complete their 50,000 words. You are much braver than I am!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get better, Tonja. Once you are, you can attack your story with zeal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Email me.. address is on my blogger profile, gotta ask you something

    ReplyDelete
  4. Empty Nester - Thanks! It's not really courage as much as overconfidence. :)

    M Pax - Thank you. I will, maybe tomorrow.

    Kid - Will do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry you don't feel well. You know, it's so weird how when you plan something major something in your life rebels...like your head.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's true. Literally every time I've said out loud that I want to run a 5K, something has happened to make it impossible - asthma, broken bones, pregnant.

    I will not run a 5K. (Hopefully that statement will keep me safe for the weekend.)

    ReplyDelete