Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Life is Now


I am thrilled to announce the publication of "Life is Now" at Literary Orphans.

I wrote this story from a prompt at Nancy Zafris' amazing short fiction class at the 2016 Kenyon Review Writers Workshop. I am thrilled to have been selected as the Peter Taylor Fellow for Nancy's short fiction class in 2018. I can't say enough positives about this workshop. I've had the privilege to attend the last three years - first in Nancy's novel workshop, then Nancy's fiction workshop, and again last summer in Lee K. Abbott's short fiction class. My writing has leveled-up every time I've attended. It is worth every dime for sure.

In 2016, this story won 2nd place at a local writing contest that paid really well and also received Honorable Mention in Glimmer Train's March/April 2017 Very Short Fiction contest. I'm happy to finally have it available for people to read.

I don't think I mentioned it here, but I am so excited to have been nominated for a Pushcart Prize by Streetlight Magazine for Invisible Girls. It sort of feels like being nominated for a Grammy. Usually these things make me feel excited for an hour, then I get back to work, but this nomination feels better than that and the high has lasted for weeks. Same with being selected to be Nancy's fellow.

Now, back to work....

Tonja

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! Obviously those workshops paid off and then some.

    ReplyDelete