Monday, November 6, 2017

New Web Site and Publication


I don't remember if I posted here, but I have a new website. I used to be a software developer and probably can do better than this if I had some extra minutes to devote to it, but I did a simple Wix site for now. 

TonjaMatneyReynolds.com

My last post got corrupted with huge blocks of white space between each paragraph. Not sure how that happened, but I deleted it.

I was notified today that one of my short stories, "Life is Now," was accepted for publication by Literary Orphans. I am so happy. This story won 2nd place at a local contest that paid big money and received an Honorable Mention by Glimmer Train in one of their very short fiction contests. I was starting to feel like my style of quirky, humorous writing was not going to survive the current political climate.

I am literally out of stories to submit. I have committed to finishing my novel by the end of the calendar year, so I don't have time to work on short fiction until I finish drafting the next 23,000 words. It's just me and the dog today, and she is being very chill. Definitely a good day to write.

First, I need to research iodine.

Tonja

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the short story acceptance. Will check out new site.

    ReplyDelete