Thursday, May 19, 2011

Back in the Game

I am definitely back in writing mode, a place I haven't visited much over the last eight weeks.  I wrote two chapters this week and did some edits to the first four of my new story.  The exciting thing is this:  when I was in the shower today, I found myself spinning plot and dialogue and writing the next chapter in my mind, the ending chapter for the first of five sections of my new novel.  Yay!  It feels very good, although everything else in my life feels very difficult - with no end in sight until the last day of school - 11 or so school days away. 

I can't wait.  I can't wait.  I can't wait.  I need a summer break.

I wonder why the teachers can't maybe schedule the concerts, parties, Right to Read week, field trip after field trip, to be spread out over the last quarter instead of all in the last 12 days.  My son's teacher had to send two spreadsheets home explaining the daily craziness and what they need to bring with them to school every day.  One involves a costume.  She said it was no big thing - we could buy the costumes at a thrift store if we want.  I say she should take them on a field trip to the thrift store.  I got no time.  Note:  I have three kids, not just one.  I know am not alone. 

I am alone in that I have a foot problem that makes it nearly impossible to shop even for groceries, and my husband will be out of the country the next two weeks and has been in workaholic mode for more than a week - instead of the more desirable errand-running mode. 

My older children seem to have lost their hearing.  The babes is in full two-year-old mode and apparently has forgotten how to sleep in his bed.  When I say, "Lay down in your bed," he says, "I don't know how."  The problem is he believes it.  So he doesn't sleep.  "Close your eyes," I say.  Him:  "I don't know how."

Yesterday this climaxed to the point that I felt like an aerosol can that was squeezed in a vice and then punctured.  Those who squeezed and poked it didn't seem to realize it would explode. 

I wish I had time to write a chapter today - no chance of it.  And my favorite notebook where I could have written my notes from the shower is missing.  Writing would make me feel less stressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment