Wednesday, March 16, 2011

It's Not A Bad Day...

My two year old has all his words.  He can say anything.  Yesterday, I was quizzing my teenager on her vocabulary words.  When I said words like obdurate and anthropomorphic, he tried his best to repeat them to all of our amusement.  When I asked if he could say precocious, he could!  Very cute. 

Words are fine but concepts are more difficult.  Yesterday when he got up from his nap, he said, "It's not a bad day."  I agreed.  "It's a good day!" he added with an amazing sense of awe that he put those concepts together, like a little light went off in his mind. 

Then he added, "I love you....I LIKE you!"  So cute.  I love and like him too.

He was up very late last night - I was too.  I hope it's not a bad day today.  Maybe it will be a good day after an afternoon nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment