Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Co-Dependency

Maybe I'm a little co-dependent on my small group at writing class.  Like I've mentioned before, it's not a writing class the way you would expect a college class to be.  It's more like a writing group that we pay for.  I can't exactly explain it, but I keep giving my money because it really increases my productivity.  The feedback in my small group is really awesome and has definitely strengthened my writing.

Tonight is the start of a new term.  Instead of maintaining our previous groups, the small groups were randomized tonight, which wasn't my expectation at all.  I was really looking forward to reading my new chapter to my old group.  And I really wanted to hear theirs too.  I am very disappointed.  My small group of the night did give me good feedback, but it's not the same.  I'm bumming.

My baby has Spring Break next week - seriously - so I won't have writing time at all unless I can escape the house in the evenings. 

The only positive thing tonight related to writing is that my husband stopped at the office store to get me report covers for my stories.  (I admit right now to being a tree killer.  I hold my head in shame.)  My husband bought me a five pack a couple of weeks ago.  I needed two more.  I used one for poems, so I have six stories in progress plus the edits I need to finish for a novel and a children's novel.  I feel like I'm back at my old job juggling projects, except these projects I love. Tonight, my husband bought me three sets of five report covers that hold up to one hundred pages each. 

He thought it was reasonable that I could write fifteen more stories and said as much to me when I asked why he bought so many.  That totally cheered me up.  I have awesome support at home from everyone.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment