Monday, December 13, 2010

Christmas Movies

I'm not enjoying the newer Christmas movies.  I want to like Fred Claus, but it keeps losing my attention - it is really boring.  I have no idea why Fred went to see Santa or why there's an evil character.  Elf, on the other hand, is pure genius, and I love it more every time I watch it.  It was on t.v. when I came back from my thyroid biopsy and had to turn it off - it hurt when I laughed, and I couldn't watch it without laughing. 

My toddler loves Santa Claus is Coming to Town and will not try any of the other classic Christmas movies.  If I try to pop in Rudolf the Red Nose Reindeer, he screams, "SANTA MOVIE!!" and cries hysterically until I remove Rudolf from the DVD player, which I think is sad.  He should give it a chance.

This is why I try to give the new movies a chance - you never know, right?  But I just don't like them.  Like my little man, I like what I like.  He digs the Burger Meister Meister Burger scene with the red-haired baby Santa. 

I am suddenly in the mood for The Grinch That Stole Christmas - maybe I can sneak that one in on him tomorrow....

No comments:

Post a Comment