I think Michael is an amazingly talented writer. He posts snippets of his fiction on his blog sometimes - I recommend checking it out if you haven't already.
* * * * * * *
Heather Murphy at Random Interruptions gave me a Stylish Blogger award and asked the recipients to write about the last time they got dressed up.
For me, it was my wedding, nearly six years ago. My dress was vintage looking, just like me. I wore my hair up, which I kind of regret now because I don't look like myself in the pictures.
My kids were the only other people in the wedding party. My daughter was the maid of honor and the flower girl. My son was only five and wore a tiny tux. He was the ring-bearer and the best man, and he kept dropping the rings during the ceremony, which was so adorable - the little pillow was really slippery.
My husband had dirt on his tux from my little guy's shoes. He had been carrying my son around on his shoulders while my daughter and I were getting fancied up. It was a perfect day. I wonder if I will ever again have a day that perfect.
I pass this one on to these wonderful bloggers:
1. Michael Offutt - because he gave me a really cool spider pin.
2. Rebecca Alexander at Witchway. I really like her blog too. If you don't know her already, she is very down to earth in a very likable way.
3. Chris Fries - well, because he gave me a Kreativ Blogger award. He's nerdy (I mean that as a compliment) and smart and seems to be very serious about his writing.
4. Julie at What Else is Possible? - I'm not sure if she already has one of these. I always enjoy reading her posts.
5. Heather Gardner - because she just finished her novel!
* * * * *
I was also awarded the Kreativ Blogger award by Carissa Taylor, which is kind of awesome because we only recently connected.
And I got the alternate non-pink version from Chris Fries. I just 'met' Chris during A-Z challenge.
I am supposed to: Answer the 10 questions below, share 10 random facts about myself, and nominate 7 other bloggers for the award.
1. What is your favorite song? Sounds of Silence maybe. I don't think I have one favorite song. I like hippy music and rock - old school rock, nothing recent.
2. What is your favorite dessert? Cheesecake
3. What ticks you off? Tiny things that don't tick off other people
4. What do you do when you're upset? Talk really fast about it to anyone that will listen and/or organize something.
5. Which is/was your favorite pet? Our sweet chihuahua puppy.
6. Which do you prefer, black or white? Black
7. What is your biggest fear? They are all equally big.
8. What is your attitude mostly? A little tightly wound. Sarcastic when my husband's in the room (sorry, honey).
9. What is perfection? I don't understand the question.
10. What is your guilty pleasure? Toddlers in Tiaras
Ten random facts about me:
1. I'm obsessed with my vegetable garden but not my flower garden.
2. I'm allergic to anything with fur.
3. I'm terrified of things with feathers, especially peacocks. What could be scarier?
4. I have only had one full-time job in my life but it lasted 16 years.
5. I have a serious mold allergy.
6. My last workplace had a mold problem.
7. I can hear whispers (actual whispers, not dead people).
8. Loud noises give me a headache.
9. I married the loudest man I've ever met.
10. I used to design software.
Seven other bloggers:
1. Far Away Eyes
2. Rusty at The Blutonian Death Egg
3. Tasha Seegmiller
4. Susan at Susan Says
5. Tracy Jo at Brand New Day
6. Nicole Zoltack
7. Sherry Ellis at Gone Gardening
* * * * * *
I pass these awards on with generosity. No worries to anyone if you can't accept or if you already have them. I am certain I missed accepting a couple of them after my car accident in March - sorry if you gave me an award and I didn't accept - I blame the meds.