I am going to participate in Write1Sub1 for 2012. I saw this on someone's blog post, maybe Alex?
The idea is you do what Ray Bradbury did, write a short story a week and submit it (or a different one) for publication every week. I don't like to be told what to do and am primarily writing novels, so I'm going to do the monthly option.
If you're participating too, let me know. It would be much more fun to endure twelve rejections in a year with friends. I suspect the process of accepting rejection will make me stronger (or at least will make it hurt less) - kind of like calluses.
My main goals for 2012 are:
- Finish the novel I just resumed writing (Betrayal).
- Do another round of edits on the one I just finished (Anxiety).
- Revise the middle reader I wrote a year ago - or write that sci-fi story that's been in my head for 20 years.
- Write a first draft of one of the other WIPs on my desk (two would be even better).
- Submit Anxiety for publication. Eeek!...I mean, YAY!