Friday, April 8, 2011

G is for Grandma's Gray Hair

My grandma's hair never turned gray.  She had fine mousey-brown hair.  She loved her grandchildren more than anything and had a vision of herself as a gray-haired grandma.  Not one gray hair showed up on her head.  She is the only woman I've ever known that wanted gray hair. 

My grandma has long since passed away.  We each took one of her musicboxes that she collected in her small home.  I don't need the music box to remember her.  I have her hair, so she's with me every day, every time I look in the mirror. I am old enough that my friends have had to color their hair because of the gray.  My husband is several years younger than me and has a graying beard.  I don't have a single strand of gray.  If I ever do turn gray, I plan on coloring my hair bright, shocking red just for fun.  I can easily say this out loud because I know I will live a long time with this fine mousey-brown hair that doesn't turn gray.

3 comments:

  1. Aww, your grandmother sounds like a lovely person. Thanks for sharing a bit about her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet!!!


    I love your site and as I browsed your blog I decided to award you the Powerful Woman Writer Award.
    Go to http://astorybookworld.blogspot.com/p/awards.html and pick up your award.
    ~Deirdra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for visiting.

    @Deirdra- There's nothing better than a virtual award. :)

    ReplyDelete