Friday, December 10, 2010

Biopsy Day

I'm getting ready to go to the hospital to get a biopsy.  I am chanting in my mind, "It's just a cyst, it's just a cyst, please God just let it be a cyst."  

Yesterday, I read in someone else's blog that we as women should accept our bodies, eat whatever we want and accept our roundness.  I admire her point of view but that doesn't work for me.  I found out yesterday that after having my third child and still maintaining my full-prenancy weight after two years that my cholesterol is elevated again.  I once again declined a lifetime supply of lipitor and once again made the decision to go old school and get my body healthy through exercise and diet.  I was very successful doing this after I had my second child ten years ago.

I do not propose at all that we as women exercise and watch our diet because of the shape of our bodies or to be something we are not.  We are all beautiful and perfect just as we are.  We need to love ourselves today, but we also need to be healthy for our families and ourselves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment