Sunday, April 25, 2010

Writing Again....

It's late April already.  My last post was in early March.  I've had a rough last 6 weeks with my family, the details of which I will keep to myself.  I haven't done much writing, but the last few weeks have left me very inspired to write. 

Just today, I opened up an online training for a Microsoft certification class and closed it after just a few minutes, assured that my decision was correct to just write, to go for it, to not allow myself to get distracted by activities that would ensure my money-making abilities for years to come but would keep me from writing.  I was inspired to study for the certification to make money and for no other reason.  After only a few minutes, I felt enervated, sapped of energy, dreading the time I would need to spend clicking through the online training, course after course to take one test, to get a job I don't even want.

I am more and more determined that the path I need to take is to write, even if getting published doesn't happen for years.  It's my destiny.  I'm certain of it.  I am a fan of Natalie Goldberg's writing style - writing daily as practice to uncover your voice and to unearth the things you want to write about, slowly, over time.  Natalie insists you should let yourself write the worst crap in the world to eliminate anxiety about writing.  It's just something you should do.  I found that when I wrote like this daily, I woke up with a story in my mind (which is better than the design for a software application, though potentially less lucrative).

My daughter has really become an amazing writer.  She is a constant source of encouragement to me.  I believe in her as a writer, and she believes in me.  My enthusiasm feeds her confidence and hers engenders mine.  I have every confidence that she will be a published writer if she keeps writing.  If my writing encourages her, I will keep writing every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment